Russia not ready to say whether it will cut oil production or freeze itBusiness & Economy October 23, 17:29
Experts probing into situation around cyberattack on Russian foreign ministry’s websiteRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 23, 17:05
Two bandits killed in special operation in Nizhny Novgorod - sourceWorld October 23, 15:15
S Arabian minister invites Russian counterpart to GCC oil ministers meetingBusiness & Economy October 23, 13:42
A family of eight killed in airstrike near Mosul - TVWorld October 23, 13:08
Kiev military launch more than 200 shells, destroy house in DonbassWorld October 23, 11:10
Rescuers evacuate 15 people from house hit by gas explosionSociety & Culture October 23, 11:07
Russian health minister says producing vaccines in Nicaragua is "very profitable"Society & Culture October 23, 7:36
Russia, EU should set up strategic planning committee — former foreign ministerRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 23, 6:07
The off-system opposition announced a new campaign dubbed as “the autumn attack on thieves and crooks.” The first major action will become the March of Millions on September 15, an application for which was filed in the Moscow Mayor’s Office. The officials refused to consider the first application of the organizing committee, citing the provisions of the new legislation on the rallies.
The Moscow officials refused to consider the first application of the organizing committee, citing the provisions of the new legislation on the rallies. An applicant Sergei Davidis has two administrative offences, and therefore he could not be an organizer of the action, the Kommersant daily reported. Even if the March of Millions is not permitted along the route from the Belorussky railway station to the Kremlin, the opposition has a chance to hold it on the Bolotnaya Square, where representatives of the leftist forces had already received a permit, the newspaper reported.
The opposition intends to hold the third March of Millions along the route, where the march of the trade unions passed on May 1 from the Belorussky railway station on Tverskaya Street to the Borovitskaya Square. The Kommersant daily recalled that President Vladimir Putin joined the demonstrators then. According to the organizers, the Moscow Mayor’s Office failed to respond that the selected venue is unsuitable for street actions.
The Moskovsky Komsomolets daily noted that after the refusal several activists of the protesting movement began to speak up against the procedure for authorizing the march and called for an unauthorized action. However, the oppositionists do not stop to seek for an agreement with the Moscow officials. They filed an application for the previous route, but already without Davidis’s rejected application. As a matter of fact, this authorization procedure is repeated for several times and more looks like a giveaway game. The oppositionists filed the most ‘daring’ application for an action in the historical centre of the city, the Moscow Mayor’s Office offers the variant on the outskirts, and after several stages of the negotiations the sides reach a compromising variant, which in most cases turned out to be the Bolotnaya Square or the Sakharov Avenue.
The RBC daily published an interview with oppositionist, leader of the Left Front Sergei Udaltsov. “The number of participants should be increased in Moscow and in the regions to show to the authorities that their repressive policy is futile. It is good if we succeed to show that we are not frightened and if there are more people. There are such prerequisites as sociological surveys showed that protesting moods are growing, socio-economic problems are aggravating. We will put on the agenda of the March of Millions such social demands, which can unite the liberals and the Communists today,” Udaltsov said.