Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russian arms exporter still in talks on S-300 deliveries to Iran

August 28, 2015, 12:14 UTC+3 ZHUKOVSKY (Moscow Region)
1 pages in this article
© TASS/Donat Sorokin

ZHUKOVSKY (Moscow Region), August 28. /TASS/. Russian-Iranian talks on delivery of S-300 missile systems continue, and there is no news yet, general director of Rosoboronexport arms exporter Anatoly Isaikin told TASS on Friday.

"We do not have any new information, talks with Iranian colleagues continue," Isaikin said answering a question on whether there is progress in negotiations.

Putin's decree to lift ban on S-300 supplies to Iran

On April 13, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree to lift the ban on S-300 deliveries to Iran. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said April 13 that Russia’s voluntary embargo on deliveries of S-300 missile systems to Iran is no longer needed due to progress in the resolution of the situation around Iran’s nuclear program.

Lavrov said that initially, the decision to suspend the implementation of the contract, which had already been signed and come into force, was made in September 2010 to support consolidated efforts of the six international negotiators on Iran’s nuclear program to stimulate a maximally constructive process of talks.

Iran filed a $4 billion lawsuit against Russia's state-run arms export company Rosoboronexport in an international arbitration court in Geneva in April 2011 after Russia suspended the 2007 contract on the supplies of S-300 missile systems to Iran.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама