UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin: Russia’s voice always heard at UEFASport January 18, 9:00
US State Department reiterates diplomats 'being harassed' in MoscowWorld January 18, 8:43
Snowden thanks Obama for commuting sentence of jailed army leaker ManningWorld January 18, 8:00
Obama commutes sentence to Wikileaks leaker ManningWorld January 18, 4:54
US diplomats engage in ‘normal diplomatic activity’ in Russia, says embassyWorld January 18, 4:51
Diplomat says UN may act as mediator at Astana talks between Damascus and oppositionRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 17, 21:31
Expert believes Brexit to bring UK closer to USWorld January 17, 20:29
Italian Foreign Ministry: It is necessary to assess conditions for returning to G8 formatWorld January 17, 20:04
Russia hopes ECHR will cancel its ruling on Dima Yakovlev Law — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 17, 19:35
ST. PETERSBURG, August 17. /TASS/. Food services in the Polyustrovo hotel in St. Petersburg, where over 70 people, including foreigners, got poisoned Sunday, were organized with gross violations, the northwestern Russian city’s department of the consumer rights watchdog Rospotrebnadzor told TASS Monday.
"The investigation has revealed gross violations in catering services for the visitors. All affected persons point to the connection of the disease with meals in the restaurant on the hotel’s first floor," the department said.
"The food services were organized by LLC Polyus, whose activity was halted by the department until a court ruling," it said.
The department said 18 people, including three children aged 3-16, were hospitalized to the city’s infection clinics.
"The provisional diagnosis of those who have become sick is acute gastroenteritis, enterocolitis, gastroenterocolitis," Rospotrebnadzor said.
Earlier reports said Russia’s Investigative Committee launched criminal proceedings over the poisoning of Polyustrovo hotel guests.
St. Petersburg prosecutors said 71 people, including 56 Chinese nationals, requested medical assistance with signs of food poisoning on August 16.