Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

About 350 tonnes of banned food destroyed in Russia in 2 days — watchdog

August 07, 2015, 20:41 UTC+3
Earlier, the watchdog said it planned to dispose of 290 tonnes of banned food
1 pages in this article
© Rosselkhoznadzor press service/TASS

MOSCOW, August 7. /TASS/. About 350 tonnes of banned food imports have been destroyed in Russia in the past two days, Russia’s agriculture watchdog said on Friday.

Thus, Resselkhoznadzor said, 312 tonnes of vegetables and fruits and 36 tonnes of animal products had been destroyed.

Earlier, the watchdog said it planned to dispose of 290 tonnes of banned food imports on August 6-7. So, it has exceeded the target.

The initiative to take measures for destroying imported foods from Russia’s list of sanctioned products was put forward on July 24 by Agriculture Minister Alexander Tkachyov at a meeting held by the Russian president with government members.

President Vladimir Putin supported this initiative. It was announced on July 29 that the Russian president had signed a decree on destroying from August 6 the imported foodstuffs covered by Russia’s embargo imposed as a countermeasure to western sanctions against Moscow over its stance on the developments in neighboring Ukraine.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама