Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Group of gunmen blocked in Russia's Nalchik

July 23, 2015, 10:01 UTC+3 MOSCOW
A shootout is underway
Material has 1 page
©  ITAR-TASS/Ruslan Alibekov/NewsTeam

MOSCOW, July 23. /TASS/. A group of militants has been blocked on Thursday in Nalchik, the capital of the Russian North Caucasus republic of Kabardino-Balkaria, a skirmish is underway, a source in Russia’s National Anti-Terrorism Committee (NAC) has told TASS.

"A group of gunmen has been blocked in Nalchik, a shootout is underway," the NAC information center said.

The operational headquarters of Kabardino-Balkaria earlier said the counter-terror operation regime had been declared in the city.

"To prevent terrorist attacks, ensure security for citizens, organizations and institutions, seek and detain hiding members of the criminal underworld, head of Russia’s Federal Security Service Department in Kabardino-Balkaria decided to conduct an anti-terrorist operation and introduce the regime of a counterterrorism operation from 03:00 Moscow Time on July 23 in the part of the city of Nalchik," a spokesman for the operational headquarters said.

A number of special measures and temporary restrictions will be in effect in the area during the counterterrorism operation until further orders.

Показать еще
In other media