MOSCOW, May 19. /TASS/. The work under the state defense contract for the strategic missile defense force and air and space defense, as well as the creation of a unified space system of warning of a missile attack proceeds according to the original plan, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin told the State Duma on Tuesday.
"Last year’s state defense contract was implemented, and we strictly observe the timetable of supplies of all necessary armaments and space vehicles to the armed forces, both to the strategic missile force and the air and space defense," he said.
"Also in keeping with the schedule proceed the efforts to create a unified space system that will provide for a full space echelon of the system of warning of a missile attack," Rogozin said.
According to earlier reports, the development of that system is financed in full despite the economic situation in the country. The launch of the first satellite for the space echelon of that system with a Soyuz rocket is scheduled for the second half of 2015. At the moment Russia has no satellites of this class. The life cycle of the last satellite of the system Oko-1, capable of spotting the launches of ballistic missiles, ended in April 2014.