Three young men detained in Moscow for throwing flares at US ambassador’s residenceWorld October 25, 22:02
Kremlin gives no comment on alleged US carte blanche to Russia for Aleppo operationRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 25, 21:44
German ARD TV channel to go any length to win case against Russian athlete — lawyerSport October 25, 21:24
Russian, German top diplomats discuss humanitarian situation in Aleppo — ministryRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 25, 20:09
Russia moves up to 40th place in Doing Business-2017 rating — World BankBusiness & Economy October 25, 20:04
Russia hopes to receive roadmap from IPC on Paralympic membership soonSport October 25, 20:03
Lukoil warns about fake "namesake" company in UKBusiness & Economy October 25, 19:39
Russia keeps urging West to set up wide coalition against terrorismRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 25, 19:37
The farthest shore: peaceful images of Russia's Primorsky KraiSociety & Culture October 25, 19:17
MOSCOW, April 19. /TASS/. An active phase of a special operation has been resumed in a suburb of Buinaksk in Russia’s North Caucasian Republic of Dagestan, which several leaders of international terrorist organizations presumable blocked in a private house, a spokesman for the National Anti-terrorist Committee told TASS on Sunday.
"According to preliminary data, among the gunmen blocked in a private house are a number of leaders of an international terrorist organization," the spokesman said.
The active phase of the special operation was suspended after dark. But after a powerful explosion had rocked the house and gunfire had been opened at the police from the windows, the counter-terrorist operation was resumed.
"The gunmen were not let leave the house. Two of them were neutralized," the spokesman said, adding that the special operation would be completed in the morning.
Earlier on Sunday, Russia’s Federal Security Service received information that a group of armed men was hiding in a private house in Buinaksk’s Gerei-Avlak suburb.
The National Anti-terrorist Committee’s Dagestan chief took a decision to launch an anti-terrorist operation on Sunday morning to prevent acts of terror and ensure security of civilians.
The house was blocked by security and police officers. Residents of neighboring houses were evacuated. Along with the gunmen, there were two women and a child inside the house. After negotiations with the police, terrorists blocked in the house released the child but refused to surrender weapons. The women refused to leave the house.