Russian Head of General Staff Gerasimov hands award weapon to Syrian generalMilitary & Defense August 19, 9:10
German politician says Crimea should to be recognized as part of RussiaWorld August 19, 6:22
Russian Emergencies Ministry carries out over 430 humanitarian missions abroad since 1993Society & Culture August 19, 6:18
Olympic diving champion Zakharov to carry Russia’s flag at opening ceremony of UniversiadeSport August 19, 4:11
New defense attorney to be appointed in former Ukrainian president’s high treason caseWorld August 19, 4:04
Mayor says Izmir International Fair homage to memory of late Russian ambassadorWorld August 19, 3:59
Putin, Medvedev emphasize need to restore cultural facilities in CrimeaSociety & Culture August 19, 3:43
El Pais: all four suspects in Barcelona terror attack shot deadWorld August 19, 3:36
Foreign Ministry speaker Zakharova very passionate about her dollhouseRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 18, 23:01
MOSCOW, April 17. /TASS/. Russian Defense Ministry, Oboronservis and Oboronstroi companies have revoked lawsuits to Evgeniya Vasilyeva and other persons featured in a major embezzlement case where the claims amounted to 2.2 billion rubles (about $42.7 million), spokespeople for the Moscow City Court told TASS on Friday.
The Defense Ministry and the companies affiliated with it called off the lawsuits filed previously in connection with charges against Vasilyeva, the former director of Oboronservis and the main suspect in the case, and other officials involved in the case over misappropriation of shares of a design institute located in downtown Moscow.
Following the revocation of the lawsuits, the Defense Ministry, Oboronservis and Oboronstroi have stopped being complainants in the case. The judges have established in the course of the trial that the shares of the institute have been locked in the ministry's ownership since 2013 and up to date.