Russian ambassador urges NATO to abandon military domination policyRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 30, 21:05
Three Russian cities interested in hosting 2023 Basketball World ChampionshipSport March 30, 21:02
White House gives no specific dates for Russian-US summitWorld March 30, 20:23
United Arab Emirates shows interest in Russian helicoptersBusiness & Economy March 30, 20:19
NATO secretary general says ceasefire in Donbass works only on paperWorld March 30, 19:47
Putin not against Russian businessman Deripaska speaking to US Congress about ManafortRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 30, 18:55
Russian space rocket center receives first tested engines for Soyuz spacecraftScience & Space March 30, 18:42
Ukrainian president orders to implement ceasefire starting from April 1World March 30, 18:41
Google agrees with basic terms of amicable agreement with Russian anti-trust regulatorBusiness & Economy March 30, 18:18
MOSCOW, April 3. /TASS/. The Russian Defense Ministry on Friday rejected the media reports that the Russian trawler tragedy in the Sea of Okhotsk was caused by a collision with a submarine.
"All the information spread by some mass media and social networks that the cause of the shipwreck in the Sea of Okhotsk of a big autonomy trawler Dalniy Vostok could have been a collision with a Russian submarine is false," the ministry’s official spokesman Gen. Maj. Igor Konashenkov said.
He stressed that "at the moment of the tragedy there were no submarines of the Navy in this water area of the Sea of Okhotsk."
The Dalniy Vostok freezer trawler wrecked in the Sea of Okhotsk 330 kilometers west of Krutogorovsky settlement in Russia’s Far Eastern Kamchatka Territory and 250 kilometers south of the city of Magadan on April 2. The trawler is owned by Magellan LLC and its home port is Nevelsk, the Sakhalin region.
There were 132 crew members onboard, including 78 Russians and 54 foreigners. At the moment, a total of 13 fishermen are considered as missing. So far, 63 people have been rescued and another 56 have died.