MOSCOW, March 19. /TASS/. Massive military drills that Russia launched on March 16 do not threaten other countries, the chief of the Russian General Staff said on Thursday.
"The current operative and combat drills conducted by the armed forces are planned and pose no threat to any state," General Valery Gerasimov said.
Gerasimov said that after the drills all military units and warship crews should get unbiased assessment of their performance.
Gerasimov said earlier on Thursday that 80,000 troops and 220 aircraft were taking part in the maneuvers.