Russia ensuring rights of workers at FIFA World Cup construction sites — officialSport May 26, 3:08
Russian emergencies minister arrives in flood-hit southern RussiaWorld May 26, 2:56
NATO to join anti-IS coalition but unlikely to engage in combat — chiefWorld May 26, 0:23
Son of LUKOIL corporation co-owner tops list of Russia's richest legateesBusiness & Economy May 26, 0:23
Russian Foreign Ministry: OPCW not rushing to investigate chemical incident in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 25, 21:28
Russia’s legendary barque Kruzenshtern calls at Belgian portSociety & Culture May 25, 20:26
OPEC and non-OPEC countries to develop cooperation outside Vienna agreementBusiness & Economy May 25, 19:44
Russia squared-off with Western media blitz to smear World Cup preparationsSport May 25, 19:35
NATO seeks to continue and expand dialogue with RussiaWorld May 25, 19:01
MOSCOW, February 26. /TASS/. A spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry on Thursday accused the Ukrainian media and National Security Service of faking an interview with a Russian cadet.
Major-General Igor Konashenkov said the story of the alleged Russian cadet was "nothing but a poorly staged performance."
"The story and the interview with a frail youth claiming to be a Russian military cadet is yet another fake staged by the Ukrainian security ideologists," he added.
Konashenkov said that Donguzov who was allegedly bullied by his fellow servicemen for his parents’ Ukrainian background "had studied at none of the Russian Defense Ministry's military academies."
According to Konashenkov, these academies enroll boys over 12, while Donguzov claimed he had been trained to shoot assault rifles since he was six.
"It’s obvious the unfortunate youth 'decided' to become a cadet after talking to officers of Ukraine’s National Security Staff, mediocre producers of this lame performance," the general said.