NATO secretary general comments on Russian military drillsWorld September 21, 21:34
NATO secretary general hails idea of deploying UN force in UkraineWorld September 21, 21:29
Russia ready to discuss alternative resolutions on UN mission to DonbassRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 21, 20:18
UN approves probe into Islamic State crimes in IraqWorld September 21, 20:10
Russia’s Alrosa mined all-time largest pink diamond in its historyBusiness & Economy September 21, 20:07
Russia submits Zvyagintsev’s film Loveless for OscarsSociety & Culture September 21, 19:16
Diplomat confirms Russia ready to support Iraq in fight against ISRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 21, 19:10
Russian, Syrian diplomats discuss cooperation within OPCWRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 21, 19:01
Putin talks to Russian Alisa voice assistant, inspects unmanned vehicle created by YandexScience & Space September 21, 18:33
MOSCOW, February 17. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin, Germany’s Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel, and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko have had a telephone conversation to discuss a set of measures for peace settlement in southeastern Ukraine that was endorsed at the marathon four-partite talks in Minsk last week, the Kremlin press service said on Tuesday.
"They discussed among other things the issues related to the ceasefire, the pullback of heavy armaments by the conflicting sides and the situation in the area of the southeastern town of Debaltsevo," it said.
Also, the three leaders exchanged opinions on the current role of the monitoring mission of the European security organization OSCE. They agreed to continue contacts in various formats for assuring implementation of the Minsk accords.
On Monday night, Merkel, Poroshenko and French President Francois Hollande had one more telephone conversation, in the course of which they voiced concern over the continuing combat operations near Debaltsevo.
Besides, they spoke in favor of giving the OSCE monitors free access to the areas where fighting was on.
The official spokesman for the Defence Ministry of the Self-Proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, Eduard Basurin, said earlier access to the Debaltsevo area was not safe because of the continued shelling by the Ukrainian Armed Forces.