Federation Council may consider ratification of Turkish Stream agreement on February 1Business & Economy January 20, 14:54
Kremlin spokesman: 'Trump is not our guy, he is America's'Russian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 14:52
Deputy minister: Turkish Stream launch will not solve issue of gas transit via UkraineBusiness & Economy January 20, 14:30
Crimean museum director says Scythian gold case appeal could take one year to be reviewedSociety & Culture January 20, 14:11
Six survivors found in hotel hit by avalanche in Italy — mediaWorld January 20, 14:00
Moscow urges UN to review its position on resolution condemning glorification of NazismRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 13:59
Russian expert calls Trump’s statement on nuclear disarmament impromptuRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 13:42
Moscow worried about unscrupulous war against Soviet monuments in some EU countriesRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 13:15
Rusnano CEO: Davos participants fear ‘looming’ global collapse during Trump’s presidencyBusiness & Economy January 20, 13:10
PRETORIA, February 2. /TASS/. The United Nations mission in Sudan /UNMIS/ is working in collaboration with the Sudanese authorities to have two Russian nationals abducted in Darfur released, UNMIS Spokesperson Ashraf Eissa told TASS on Monday.
He said the two Russians, employed by a U.N.-chartered air company, had been "seized by unknown armed men" on January 29. He said he knew no further details. The names of the two men were yet unknown either.
"We are closely working to secure their release and safe return," he said.
Russia’s embassy in Sudan has confirmed information about the abduction of two Russians. Artur Safukov, a spokesman for the Russian embassy in Khartoum told TASS that the incident had taken place on January 29 in Sudan’s Central Darfur state. "The Russian embassy in coordination with the authorities and the United Nations mission is taking effort to release our citizens," he said.
Meanwhile, the United Nations Secretariat refrains from commenting this incident. Farhan Haq, Deputy Spokesman for the United Nations Secretary-General, told TASS the U.N. was aware of the incident but preferred to refrain from comment in the interests of the soonest release of the kidnapped men.