Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russia's Emergencies Ministry to form extra humanitarian convoy to Donbas in week

February 02, 2015, 14:59 UTC+3
"We are in the process of forming an extra convoy, there are requests for building materials," Emergencies Minister Vladimir Puchkov said
1 pages in this article
© EPA/ALEXANDER ERMOCHENKO

SOCHI, February 2. /TASS/. Russia’s Emergencies Ministry will dispatch a 13th humanitarian aid convoy for Donbas in the near future, Emergencies Minister Vladimir Puchkov told the media on Monday.

"We are in the process of forming an extra convoy. There are requests for building materials. And, by tradition we will deliver medial and food supplies to Donbas," he said, adding that the cargoes might be sent within a week.

"Regrettably, barbaric bombardments are continuing. Socially important facilities need urgent repairs. Alongside building materials we will sent medical and food cargoes," he said.

Puchkov pointed out that the Emergencies Ministry was acting in cooperation with International Red Cross and Ukrainian counterparts.

Last Saturday a convoy of Russia’s Emergencies Ministry brought to Donetsk and Luhansk 1,500 tons of foods, medical items, building materials power supply equipment and other essentials crucial to maintaining life support infrastructures.

The Emergencies Ministry had repeatedly promised it would be prepared to send extra supplies at the request of the Donbas authorities.

Since August last year twelve truck convoys delivered to Donetsk and Luhansk more than 16,000 tons of humanitarian cargoes.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама