MOSCOW, December 30 /TASS/. There will be no more power blackouts in Crimea this or next year, Sergey Aksyonov, the head of the Republic of Crimea, said on Tuesday commenting the signing of contracts for electric energy supplies between Russia and Ukraine. “There will be no power cuts this or next year. I am sure we are going to solve all problems linked to Crimea’s supplies with electric energy in 2015. We are fulfilling the assigned tasks in full measure,” Aksyonov stressed.
Earlier on Tuesday, Russia and Ukraine signed two contracts for delivery of electric energy from Russia to Ukraine, the Russian Energy Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.
“The Russian Energy Ministry reports that Inter RAO and Ukrinterenergo companies have concluded an agreement for exporting electric energy from the Unified Energy System of Russia to the unified energy system of Ukraine. The annual contract takes effect on December 30, 2014. It provides for regular delivery of up to 1,500 MW of electricity,“ Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said adding that Ukrinterenergo had also signed a second agreement with Inter RAO’s sister company /Center for Making Settlements/ to ensure reliable and uninterrupted energy supplies to Crimea.