"We have received a regular note from the Russian Foreign Ministry informing that Russia is planning to send another relief convoy to the population of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions,“ Perebeinos said as quoted by the Ukrainian news agency UNN.
The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry expects the Russian side will comply with Ukrainian laws and meet the terms and conditions which were previously agreed by Ukraine, Russia and the International Committee of the Red Cross.The Russian side and the International Red Cross should agree on the cargo content and the terms of delivery and distribution of relief aid by Red Cross representatives; Ukraine’s customs and border services are supposed to exercise control over the cargo, according to Perebeinos.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Russian Emergencies Ministry spokesperson Alexander Drobyshevsky said that a Ministry’s truck column with relief aid for Donbas had left the Moscow region and was heading for the Rostov region in southern Russia.
“The column has about 40 trucks,” Drobyshevsky said adding that a convoy of more than 120 vehicles would deliver over 1,200 tons of food and essentials to the conflict-stricken Donetsk and Luhansk regions,” Drobyshevsky said.
This is going to be the ninth relief convoy to Donbas. Eight convoys have delivered more than 10,700 tons of relief cargoes to Donetsk and Luhansk since August 11.