KIEV, October 27. /TASS/. Data of the Ukrainian Central Election Commission (CEC) as of 04:00 Moscow Time, with 7.45% of the ballots counted, for the country’s early parliamentary elections held Sunday.
1. The Petro Poroshenko Bloc led by the president: 22.09%;
2. People’s Front led by Prime Minister Arseny Yatsenyuk: 21.66%;
3. Samopomoshch (Self-help) led by Lvov mayor Andrey Sadovy: 9.02%;
4. Yury Boiko’s Opposition Bloc: 8.76%;
5. Oleg Lyashko’s Radical Party: 8.54%;
6. Batkivshchina led by former premier Yulia Timoshenko: 6.54%;
More than 34.6 million people in Ukraine have the right to vote. Some 30,000 polling stations were open for voters in the country, and another 112 were open for Ukrainian nationals in 72 other countries.
A total of 6,436 candidates were contending for seats in the Verkhovna Rada of the eighth convocation. In line with the law, 50% of lawmakers are elected on party lists, and 50% in single-member constituencies.
A total of 3,114 candidates from 29 parties were contesting 225 seats. As many as 3,322 candidates (2,019 self-nominees and 1,303 party-nominated candidates) were registered in single-member constituencies.