Kazakh foreign minister denies talks on sending troops to SyriaWorld June 23, 8:05
Russian fighters scrambled 14 times in past week to intercept foreign aircraft — ministryMilitary & Defense June 23, 6:17
EU summit participants show unity on anti-Russian sanctions — MerkelWorld June 23, 4:11
Moldovan parliament refuses to hold no confidence vote in Foreign Minister Andrei GalburWorld June 23, 2:03
Google.ru’s temporary ban should serve as reminder to others — lawmakerBusiness & Economy June 23, 1:59
Russian lawmaker slams EU’s decision to extend sanctions on Moscow as absurdRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 23, 0:32
IOC spokesperson confirms Bach’s words about possible sanctions on RussiaSport June 22, 23:27
Germany-Chile Confederations Cup encounter in Kazan ends with 1-1 drawSport June 22, 23:12
Putin praises Moscow International Film FestivalSociety & Culture June 22, 21:49
“The mass burials of civilians discovered on the territory of the Donetsk region in the areas where the Right Sector battalions had been stationed are the evidence of flagrant military crimes, which need to be immediately and thoroughly investigated under the international control,” the Civic Chamber said in a statement.
The Council said it is convinced that there is a need to “ensure the unbiased investigation and the inevitability of punishment for persons behind this barbaric crime against humanity.”
The Russian civil society body has urged the United Nations, the Council of Europe and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) to create an independent group to investigate the discovery.
“We have been deeply shocked by the reports of the burial discovered in the mine near Donetsk. This is a particularly cruel crime inspired by Nazism,” the Civic Chamber official stressed.
Militias of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) found a mass grave at a forest depot of Kommunar mine 60 kilometers from the regional center of Donetsk. A spokesman for the DPR militias said that several days before units of Ukraine’s National Guard had stayed in that area.
Russia’s Investigative Committee plans to launch an inquiry into the discovered mass burial of civilians near Donetsk as part of the criminal case into the war in southeastern Ukraine, official spokesman Vladimir Markin said.