2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia is 'so far, so good' — Germany’s Emre CanSport June 23, 11:24
NHL says Olympic participation matter closedSport June 23, 11:12
Russia’s telecom watchdog may block Telegram messenger in RussiaBusiness & Economy June 23, 9:15
Russian warships fire Kalibr cruise missiles, destroy IS arms depots in SyriaMilitary & Defense June 23, 9:07
Kazakh foreign minister denies talks on sending troops to SyriaWorld June 23, 8:05
Russian fighters scrambled 14 times in past week to intercept foreign aircraft — ministryMilitary & Defense June 23, 6:17
EU summit participants show unity on anti-Russian sanctions — MerkelWorld June 23, 4:11
Moldovan parliament refuses to hold no confidence vote in Foreign Minister Andrei GalburWorld June 23, 2:03
Google.ru’s temporary ban should serve as reminder to others — lawmakerBusiness & Economy June 23, 1:59
Earlier on Tuesday, Russia’s Izvestia newspaper reported that Kalashnikov Concern has decided not to use Hollywood actor Steven Seagal as its brand ambassador. In January, Seagal agreed to consider becoming an international ambassador for Kalashnikov-made small arms.
“We are in the final stage of forming the new brand, and we are still not considering the partnership with brand ambassadors. It is not known who may represent our enterprise,” Yekaterina Boni said.
“Our company is changing now, and so do our priorities and approaches to positioning and promotion, we need a more modern image. We still have to decide if we need a brand ambassador as the Kalashnikov brand speaks for itself. That’s why we have to carry out certain researches on the issue,” she stressed.
The Russian firearms producer said in an official statement on Tuesday that media reports that Kalashnikov Concern has dropped plans to cooperate with Hollywood actor Seagal are untrue.
“The US sanctions have by no means affected the decision on cooperating with Seagal,” the company said, adding however that at the moment “no preliminary agreements or contracts have been signed with the actor.”
Last week, the head of Russian conglomerate Rostec, Sergei Chemezov, said the new brand and the website of Kalashnikov Concern will be unveiled in mid-November. No budget funds are to be allocated for this aim.
Kalashnikov Concern was established in August 2013 when manufacturers Izhmash and Izhevsk merged and were formally renamed. The company is fully owned by Russia’s Rostec conglomerate.
In July, the United States introduced another round of sanctions against Moscow amid the Ukrainian crisis, freezing exports from Kalashnikov Concern and other Russian arms producers amid the Ukrainian crisis.
The Russian company supplies products to 27 countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, Norway, Italy and Canada.