VIENNA, July 18, /ITAR-TASS/. Iran and the P5+1 group of international mediators have reached no agreement on the parameters of further talks, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Friday.
“So far, we have not yet agreed the parameters of further talks despite the fact this key attention is focused on this subject,” he said. “Along with that, discussion is underway of all aspects of the future comprehensive agreement that does not imply a top-level decision and can be settled.
According to the Russian diplomat, the current round of Iran-P5+1 talks may be over on Friday or it may last for several days more. “It might be either way,” he said when asked whether this round would be over on July 18 or go on for several more days. “It might not be over on July 18.”
“But I think there are more chances of its completion,” he added.
Earlier on Thursday, a diplomatic source in one of the delegations told Itar-Tass that a principle decision had been taken to continue the negotiation process, however the parties had not yet appointed exact date. It is expected to be officially announced by Catherine Ashton, the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, and Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif.