Diplomat calls US’ allegations about isolation of Russia in UN 'strange'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:58
Experts say Russian hackers strongly demonized in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:35
Ferrari drivers clock best time in Practice Two of Russia F1 GP in SochiSport April 28, 19:54
Red Bull’s advisor Marko says Kvyat to possibly remain with Toro Rosso next yearSport April 28, 19:16
Pope Francis blesses pregnant TASS correspondent en route to EgyptWorld April 28, 18:55
Russian diplomat says use of military force against North Korean unacceptable, dangerousRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:45
UN chief calls for lowering risk of miscalculation concerning North Korea issueWorld April 28, 18:15
Moscow deeply regrets Montenegro’s decision to join NATORussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:07
Maria Sharapova reaches Porsche Grand Prix semifinalsSport April 28, 17:50
MOSCOW, May 18 /ITAR-TASS/. A powerful explosive device was seized in a security operation in which three gunmen were killed in the village of Dygulybgei in the Russian North Caucasian Republic of Kabardino-Balkaria, a source from the Russian National Anti-Terrorism Committee told Tass on Sunday.
The explosive device equivalent to more than three kilograms of TNT was found when bomb experts examined the house where gunmen had been hiding. Two sub-machine guns, a pistol with the silencer, a grenade as well as lots of ammunition were also found in the house. The bomb was defused at the site, the source said.
Earlier on Sunday, a group of gunmen was blocked in a private house of Dygulybgei, Baksan district. Local residents were evacuated. When law enforcement officers tried to enter the building, the gunmen opened fire. “A woman with four small children was taken out of the blocked house as a result of negotiations,” the source said. Three gunmen were killed, including a gang leader on the federal wanted list.
“Gunmen were preparing a chain of attempts on the lives of representatives of public authorities and law enforcement agencies,” the National Anti-Terrorism Committee reported.
The killed gunmen were involved in last year’s murders of a Dyugulybgei resident and three police officers. No civilians or law enforcement officers were injured in the operation, the source added.