Seven parties to participate in Syrian talksWorld January 22, 9:54
Russia’s Pavlyuchenkova reaches Australian Open quarterfinalsSport January 22, 7:19
IBU Executive Board finds no grouns to suspend Russia's biathlon teamSport January 21, 22:53
Russia terrified watching monuments destroyed in Palmyra — culture ministerRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 21, 17:08
Russian bombers deliver successfully strikes on terrorists' facilities in SyriaWorld January 21, 15:39
Denmark uses Russian data in its application for expanding shelf — ministerBusiness & Economy January 21, 15:15
Agreement on bases in Syria to serve strengthening of stability in Middle East — MPRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 21:18
Trump's inaugural address: When America is united, America is totally unstoppableWorld January 20, 20:57
Hermitage chief: New Palmyra destruction comes across as militants' vengeanceRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 20:29
SOCHI, April 10. /ITAR-TASS/. The operation to neutralize the activity of Chechen warlord Doku Umarov was carried out back at the end of 2013, head of the Russian Federal Security Service Alexander Bortnikov told reporters on Thursday.
He said reports about the success of the operation had not been circulated for a number of reasons. “Initially, information was leaked into press from other sources. We did not say anything about this, pursuing certain goals of operational and political nature,” the FSB head said.
“The only thing I can say for the moment is that the work I have said about was done at the end of the previous year. It is still early to speak about its results. Time will come and we will inform the public about what was done and how it was done,” Bortnikov said.
At a session of the National Antiterrorism Committee on Tuesday, Bortnikov said the activity of the head of the terrorist organization Imrat Kavkaz, Doku Umarov, had been ‘neutralized’.
Doku Umarov was the mastermind of terrorist acts in the North Caucasus and their active participant. He was on the wanted list on charges of staging numerous terrorist acts, kidnappings, murders and other grave crimes.
In particular, he claimed responsibility for the explosion of the Nevsky Express speed train in 2009 when 28 people were killed, as well as for the March 2010 terror acts in Moscow’s metro underground railway system that claimed the lives of 40 people.
The investigation believes that he was the mastermind of a suicide bombing at Moscow’s Domodedovo airport on January 24, 2011, which killed 35 people.