Currency converter
All news
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Schoolgirl dies, 3 taken to hospital in gas poisoning in Eastern Siberia

March 27, 2014, 10:15 UTC+3 CHITA

14-year-old schoolgirls bought a 0.5 liter gas cylinder, went to the forest 300 meters away from the settlement and inhaled gas vapors

1 pages in this article
© ITAR-TASS/Rostislav Koshlev

CHITA, March 27. /ITAR-TASS/. A schoolgirl of the seventh form from settlement of Novoorlovsky in Russian Eastern Siberia’s Trans-Baikal Territory has died of gas poisoning. Other three girls who got poisoned were taken to hospital, spokesperson of Russian Investigative Committee department in Trans-Baikal Territory Yegor Markov told ITAR-TASS on Thursday.

14-year-old schoolgirls bought a 0.5 liter gas cylinder, went to the forest 300 meters away from the settlement and inhaled gas vapors. A girl has lost consciousness due to gas poisoning, Markov said. Women passing by noticed the girls. They called the ambulance, but medics could not save the life one of the poisoned girls.

Detectives have conducted a search at the site of the incident. Forensic expertise was announced to find the causes of death. The three surviving girls and their parents were questioned. At present, detectives are gathering evidence at the school where the victims studied.

“A procedural decision will be taken after all details of the incident are found,” the regional investigative department added.

Show more
In other media
Partner News