Turkish authorities impose media ban on coverage of Istanbul explosionWorld December 11, 3:01
Erdogan says Istanbul terrorist attack causes fatalitiesWorld December 11, 2:52
Istanbul explosions leave 15 dead, 69 wounded — TV channelWorld December 11, 2:38
Three settlements in Syria join cessation of hostilities — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld December 11, 2:34
TV: Islamic State re-enters ancient city of PalmyraWorld December 10, 21:20
Saudi minister says Russia led consultations process with OPECBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:41
UK foreign secretary says protection of civilians should be 'top priority' in SyriaWorld December 10, 20:31
Non-OPEC states join historic oil cut dealBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:23
Russian diplomat urges Western reporters to be unbiased in war news coverageRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 10, 20:08
MOSCOW, January 12, /ITAR-TASS/. Police are establishing the identity od two gunmen who were killed in a special operation in the Kizilyurt district of Russia’s North Caucasian Republic of Dagestan. A criminal case was opened on charges of infringement on the lives of law enforcers, a spokesman for the Russian Investigations Committee said.
According to earlier reports, policemen blocked two armed men in a sheep-yard in the village of Chontaul. “When ordered to surrender arms, the gunmen opened gunfire at the policemen. The two were killed in exchange of fire,” the spokesman said.
No one from among law enforcers was killed or wounded.
“The Dagestan investigation department of the Russian Investigations Committee opened criminal case on charges of attempting on the lives of police officers (article 317 of the Russian Criminal Code) and illegal possession of arms by a group of persons (part 2, article 222 of the Russian Criminal Code,” the spokesman noted.
Earlier, a source in Dagestan’s interior ministry told Itar-Tass that the two gunmen had already been identified but their names would be made public later.