Russian diplomat believes war on terror inseparable from political processRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 27, 13:49
Oscars 2017: best looks and memorable momentsSociety & Culture February 27, 13:40
EU extends sanctions against Belarus by one yearWorld February 27, 13:40
Erdogan’s adviser says Turkey will stop operation in Syria after capturing ManbijWorld February 27, 13:06
Press review: Kiev's 'break up' with IMF and Russia's strategic dialogue with FrancePress Review February 27, 13:00
European Council adopts regulation on visa liberalization for GeorgiaWorld February 27, 12:20
Defense Ministry confirms Iran successfully test-fires sea-launched cruise missileMilitary & Defense February 27, 12:06
Kazakhstan's leader says Moscow, Astana achieved perfect relations over 25 yearsWorld February 27, 11:55
Diplomat says military presence in Iraq unacceptable without authorities’ permissionRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 27, 11:20
“The area of the counter-terrorist operation was expanded at 14:30 Moscow time (10:30 GMT) involving the settlement of Nizhnepodkumsky in Predgorny District,” the operations headquarters said.
The counter-terrorist operation regime was introduced after four VAZ cars had been found with five killed men on January 8. The regime is in effect in the Predgorny and Kirovsky districts of the territory.
An improvised explosive device went off near one of the cars. None was hurt. "Another discovered explosive device was destroyed by a manipulator robot," the operations headquarters source added.
Earlier, an official at the Territorial center of the Russian Interior Ministry reported that cars with dead drivers had been spotted on Wednesday night. One was found in Predgorny District on the Kavkaz (Caucasus) Federal Road near Lake Tambukan. VAZ-2105 and VAZ- 2107 cars with dead people inside were found in neighboring Kirovsky District, in Zolskaya Village. Those were supposedly motorists who engaged in private taxi-driving. The Interior Ministry Territorial center official pointed out that those killed were local residents, born in 1987 and 1984.
Criminal proceedings have been instituted in connection with the murders.