Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Another man wounded in December terrorist attacks in Volgograd to be taken to Moscow

January 06, 2014, 18:00 UTC+3 VOLGOGRAD
Currently, as many as 61 people hurt in these bombing attacks are still in clinics in Moscow and Volgograd
Material has 1 page
© ITAR-TASS/Dmitry Rogulin

VOLGOGRAD, January 06, 17:40 /ITAR-TASS/. Another person who was wounded in terrorist attacks in Russia’s southern city of Volgograd in late December 2013 will be taken for further treatment to Moscow. A special jet has landed at Volgograd’s airport despite the foggy weather, a spokesman for the regional government told Itar-Tass on Monday.

Earlier, a spokesman for the Russian Federal Medical and Biological Agency told Itar-Tass that the man was in a very grave condition. “He will be taken to a military hospital [the man is an army officer] either in Moscow or in St. Petersburg. It will depend on the weather conditions at the destination airport,” the spokesman said.

Currently, as many as 61 people hurt in these bombing attacks are still in clinics in Moscow and Volgograd. Thirty-nine patients are receiving treatment in Volgograd and 22 people were evacuated to Moscow.

“According to medics, two persons in Volgograd-based hospitals are in grace condition, one patient is in condition of moderate gravity, the rest 36 people are in satisfactory condition,” spokeswoman for the Volgograd regional government Tatiana Yermilova told Itar-Tass earlier on Monday. “Nine patients have been released from Volgograd’s clinics in the past several days. They are now receiving out-patient treatment at medical establishments at their places of residence.”

Two terrorist attacks were staged in the city of Volgograd over the last days of 2013. On December 29, a suicide bomber detonated explosives at the entrance to the waiting hall of Volgograd’s central railway station. On December 30, a suicide bomber blew up a trolleybus in the morning rush hour. These attacks claimed 34 lives. About 100 people were wounded.

On October 21, a female suicide bomber activated an explosive device in a bus. The blast killed seven people and wounded about 50.

Показать еще
In other media