Developer shows first image of Russia's new Sarmat ballistic missileMilitary & Defense October 24, 10:15
Moody's revises outlook on Russia's banking system to ‘stable’Business & Economy October 24, 10:00
Russia and Belarus held joint airborne drills in BrestMilitary & Defense October 24, 8:16
District head: all people on board crashed helicopter in Transbaikal deadSociety & Culture October 24, 8:16
Kremlin ex-chief: Russia is ready to open new page in relations with US after electionsRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 24, 4:10
Russian inspectors to hold observation flight over TurkeyRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 24, 2:30
Steinmeier: Further anti-Russian sanctions may hamper talksWorld October 23, 23:31
Qatari former Emir Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani dies aged 84World October 23, 23:08
Russia’s health ministry plans to build vaccines plant in EcuadorBusiness & Economy October 23, 20:19
MOSCOW, December 30. /ITAR-TASS/. No additional security measures will be taken in Sochi due to the terrorist act in Volgograd, State Duma first deputy speaker, president of the Russian Olympic Committee Alexander Zhukov said after a meeting with the United Russia party leaders on Monday.
“All necessary measures are envisioned at the Olympic Games in Sochi,” Zhukov said, adding “No other security measures will be taken due to the terrorist act in Volgograd because everything is done.”
A fan passport for Sochi visitors will be used for the first time at the Olympic Games, the lawmaker said.
This is the second terrorist act in the past two days: on Sunday, December 29, a blast struck a railway in Volgograd that killed 17 people and injured over 40 people. Five people are in critical condition.
Previously, a terrorist act was committed in Volgograd on October 21, 2013 when an explosion hit a bus, which carried over 40 passengers. Seven people died and over 40 people were injured.