Putin, Erdogan to meet in Ankara on September 28 — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 15:51
Kremlin mum on German right’s success, points out Russian right political lightweightsRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 15:23
Putin, Rouhani discuss Iran's nuclear programRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 14:37
Moscow spices up the city with its spectacular 'Circle of Light' festivalSociety & Culture September 25, 14:34
Russia may help UAE create its own astronaut teamScience & Space September 25, 14:30
Moscow needs to take certain steps for lifting sanctions — leader of Germany’s FDPWorld September 25, 14:23
Historical society vows no new images for slip-up on Kalashnikov monumentSociety & Culture September 25, 14:10
OPEC+ states discuss extending oil cut deal for 3-6 months — sourceBusiness & Economy September 25, 13:49
Press review: How Kurds vote will change Middle East and lawmakers get tough on bankersPress Review September 25, 13:00
PYATIGORSK, December 28, 11:07 /ITAR-TASS/. A criminal case is opened over the car bomb explosion in Pyatigorsk.
According to the preliminary information, the explosion killed two residents of Georgiyevsk and a Pyatigorsk resident. The blast power was equivalent to 50 kg of TNT, law-enforcement sources said.
The National Antiterrorism Committee told Itar-Tass earlier that a parked car was blasted with an explosive device at a parking lot near a furniture store apposite a traffic police station in Pyatigorsk at 19:15 Moscow time on Friday. It was a homemade explosive device without a cover. The blast killed three people.
Meanwhile, a fire broke out at a market in same Pyatigorsk overnight. More than 80 stalls and containers with goods burned up. About 1,500 sq m were ablaze. Nobody was hurt.
The fire alarm call was received after midnight, and the blaze was brought under control at 01:36 Moscow time. Firefighters were called when the blaze already swept a large area, the Emergencies Ministry's North Caucasian regional centre said. The fire supposedly was caused by carelessness in using heaters.