Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Husband of Volgograd suicide bomber claims responsibility

November 16, 2013, 14:30 UTC+3 MOSCOW
During negotiations, Dmitry Sokolov recogniseв his responsibility for terrorist acts, including bus explosion in Volgograd
Material has 1 page
© ITAR-TASS/Dmitry Rogulin

MOSCOW, November 16, (ITAR-TASS) - During the negotiations over an anti-terror mission in Dagestan, Dmitry Sokolov recognised his responsibility for the terror acts, including the bus explosion in Volgograd, representative of the information centre of the National Anti-Terror Committee Andrey Chatsky said on Saturday.

“During the negotiations /an unofficial husband of suicide bomber Naida Asiyalova/ Dmitry Sokolov has recognised the responsibility for the organised terror acts, including the explosion of a passenger bus in Volgograd. He said he had made the explosive device, which the suicide bomber used later,” the source said.

Chatsky said a fight against militants continued in the blocked village near Makhachkala, Dagestan. It was previously reported that law enforcements discovered the location of the member of the so-called Makhachkala terrorist group. Sokolov and other militants refused to give up and fortified in a residential building. Apart from limitants, a woman and her child were reported to be in the house.

Anti-terror operatives managed to persuade the woman to leave the house, law enforcement authorities told Itar-Tass on Saturday. “The woman with a child is out, the mission continues,” the source said.

Naida Asiyalova, the terrorist that blew up the bus in Volgograd, unofficial wife of Sokolov lived in Russia’s capital and worked in a Moscow-based company for several recent years, official representative of the Investigative Committee Vladimir Markin previously told Itar-Tass.

“The deceased was native of the Republic of Dagestan, but the last few years she lived in Moscow, regularly making trips to her homeland. Among of her last jobs was one in a Moscow-based commercial company,” he said.

The blast that occurred Monday afternoon in a passenger bus in Volgograd claimed lives of 6 people, and 37 people were taken to hospital. Eight of them were placed in intensive care facilities. The number of injured as a result of the blast in Volgograd’s bus reached 41 people, as many people consulted a doctor outpatiently overnight. After an examination and medical treatment 11 people returned home, and the rest stay at hospitals #15,#7 and #1 of Volgograd. Four people are in critical condition.

Показать еще
In other media