Moscow welcomes reform of UN’s anti-terrorism activities — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 3:53
NATO seeking to revive cold war-era climate — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 3:51
Situation in Syria gives grounds for cautious optimism — LavrovWorld September 22, 1:24
NATO secretary general comments on Russian military drillsWorld September 21, 21:34
NATO secretary general hails idea of deploying UN force in UkraineWorld September 21, 21:29
Russia ready to discuss alternative resolutions on UN mission to DonbassRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 21, 20:18
UN approves probe into Islamic State crimes in IraqWorld September 21, 20:10
Russia’s Alrosa mined all-time largest pink diamond in its historyBusiness & Economy September 21, 20:07
Russia submits Zvyagintsev’s film Loveless for OscarsSociety & Culture September 21, 19:16
MOSCOW, October 23. (ITAR-TASS). — Naida Asiyalova, the terrorist that blew up the bus in Volgograd, lived in Russia’s capital and worked in a Moscow-based company for several recent years, official representative of the Investigative Committee Vladimir Markin told Itar-Tass.
“The deceased was native of the Republic of Dagestan, but the last few years she lived in Moscow, regularly making trips to her homeland. Among of her last jobs was one in a Moscow-based commercial company,” he said.
Terrorist’s last hours of life
“The investigators succeeded to restore almost every minute of the last day of her life. Available operational and investigative information and the results of investigations indicate that, wearing a hijab, Asiyalova arrived in Volgograd, where she walked along the crowded streets of Dzerzhinsky and Soviet districts, including the area of the ‘Akvarel’ (‘watercolor’) shopping mall,” Markin said. It was there, he added, where she took the public bus number 29, where subsequently committed the suicide bombing.
“The investigating authorities address everyone who disposes of any information about the deceased and her boyfriend Dmitry Sokolov. If you have any information about Asiyalova or Sokolov, including places they might stay or work, vehicles they could drive or move in, please inform the Regional Directorate of the Investigative Committee of Russia by telephone: +7-8442-24-27-00, 24 -27-11,” Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin told Itar-Tass. He said that those informed could get in touch with the General Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in Volgograd region by calling: +7 -8442 - 11/01/93, 30-43-45, 02. “The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation shall guarantee the confidentiality of data, and, if necessary, measures of state witness protection,” Markin said.
At present, the investigators are establishing all the circumstances of this daring crime and the persons that may be involved in it.
“The investigators have reasons to believe that in the attack was involved Asiyalova’s boyfriend - 21-year-old Dmitry Sokolov, who is listed as missing. His disappearance in summer of 2012 was announced to the police by his parents who live in the suburbs of Moscow,” Markin said.
They said that their son had gone to the mosque, but didn’t return home. Since then, the place of his residence is unknown. “According to the information available, Sokolov met his future girlfriend Asiyalova about three years ago. They share a common passion — radical Islam,” Markin said.
The Makhachkala gang, in which the common law husband of terrorist Naida Asiyalova is a saboteur, consists of up to 25 gunmen, a source in the Dagestani law enforcement agencies told Itar-Tass on Tuesday. Asiyalova staged a blast in a bus in the city of Volgograd, the southeast of the European part of Russia, on Monday.
The identity kits of Sokolov known as Abdul-Jabar and suspected of involvement in the suicide bombing in Volgograd as well as two other people (Ruslan Kazanbiyev and Kurbat Omarov) were sent to all police stations in southern and central districts of Russia and Moscow Region. They were put on the wanted list, sources in the law enforcement agencies told Itar-Tass.
6 killed, 41 wounded
The blast that occurred Monday afternoon in a passenger bus in Volgograd claimed lives of 6 people, and 37 people were taken to hospital. Eight of them were placed in intensive care facilities. The number of injured as a result of the blast in Volgograd’s bus reached 41 people, as many people consulted a doctor outpatiently overnight. After an examination and medical treatment 11 people returned home, and the rest stay at hospitals #15,#7 and #1 of Volgograd. Four people are in critical condition.
Upon the explosion has been filed a criminal case under 3 articles – “terrorist attack”, “murder of two or more people” and “illegal arms and explosives trafficking”.
Three days of mourning were declared in the Volgograd region.