YEKATERINBURG, October 9 (Itar-Tass) - Four of eight children, who were evacuated during a fire that broke out at a family orphanage in the town of Ivdel in Sverdlovsk Region, are in the intensive therapy ward. Two people died in the fire, namely a woman who set up the orphanage and an inmate of the orphanage.
“According to the preliminary reports, the woman who died in the fire has adopted nine little children, who were staying with her at the family orphanage. Eight children aged from three to 11 years managed to get out from the burning house and were taken to the central hospital in the town of Ivdel for medical examination. These children got poisoned with carbon dioxide. Four of them are at the intensive therapy ward, other children are in satisfactory condition,” the press service of the regional investigative committee reported.
The committee noted that the fire site is being examined, the measures are being taken to find and question the eyewitnesses.
“The materials over the causes (of the fire) and the fire spot will be taken from the Russian fire watchdog soon. Presumably, the fire spot was located in the kitchen, meanwhile, a theory of short circuit is not ruled out. The detective has also scheduled a forensic expertise of the fire victims,” the press service of the Russian Investigative Committee added.
The fire broke out at a private residential house overnight to Wednesday, the press service of the regional emergency situation department told Itar-Tass. The fire has spread on 120 square metres.