Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Bolshoi Theatre artistic director attack case sent to court

October 03, 2013, 12:13 UTC+3
Unemployed Moscow region resident Andrei Lipatov, 32, accused of involvement in the attack
Material has 1 page

MOSCOW, October 3 (Itar-Tass) - The criminal case over attack on Bolshoi Theatre artistic director Sergei Filin has been sent to court, an official at the Prosecutor General’s Office told Itar-Tass.

"Today, the prosecutor of the central administrative district of Moscow endorsed the indictment in the criminal case against Bolshoi Theater artist Pavel Dmitrichenko, 29, unemployed Ryazan region resident Yuri Zarutsky, 35, who had a criminal conviction, and unemployed Moscow region resident Andrei Lipatov, 32, accused of involvement in the attack," the PGO said.

The criminal case was sent to Moscow's Tverskoi court.

Dmitrichenko, Zarutsky and Lipatov were charged with "malicious infliction of grave harm to health in collusion." The attack reduced the victim's working ability at least one-third, the investigator said.

Dmitrichenko masterminded the attack. He was dissatisfied with the way Filin was running the ballet company, his castings and payroll, according to the investigator.

"To implement his plan, he recruited his acquaintances Zarutsky and Lipatov. In the evening of January 17, 2013, Dmitrichenko phoned his accomplices to tell that Filin was on the way home from the Bolshoi Theatre. Zarutsky had been waiting for Filin near his house in Troitskaya Street and splashed acid in his face," the Prosecutor General's Office said.

Filin was taken to hospital with burns and had to undergo long treatment. All the suspects have been in custody.

Показать еще
In other media