MOSCOW, September 18 (Itar-Tass) -People are being evacuated from the building of State University on Vorobyovy Hills because of fire fumes spreading in the building, a source from the Moscow head department for emergency situations told Itar-Tass.
Preliminary reports said the fumes came from the basement in sector "B" in the skyscraper built in the Stalinist epoch. The source of the fire fumes was not yet found.
The poisonous fumes have reached the ground floor of the building.
For security reasons a decision on the evacuation has been made, the source said. Fire brigades have been working on the territory under threat.