Diplomat calls US’ allegations about isolation of Russia in UN 'strange'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:58
Experts say Russian hackers strongly demonized in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:35
Ferrari drivers clock best time in Practice Two of Russia F1 GP in SochiSport April 28, 19:54
Red Bull’s advisor Marko says Kvyat to possibly remain with Toro Rosso next yearSport April 28, 19:16
Pope Francis blesses pregnant TASS correspondent en route to EgyptWorld April 28, 18:55
Russian diplomat says use of military force against North Korean unacceptable, dangerousRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:45
UN chief calls for lowering risk of miscalculation concerning North Korea issueWorld April 28, 18:15
Moscow deeply regrets Montenegro’s decision to join NATORussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:07
Maria Sharapova reaches Porsche Grand Prix semifinalsSport April 28, 17:50
HANOI, September 9. (Itar-Tass). - At least two people were killed and six wounded in an attack of Islamists in southern Philippines. The incident took place on Monday in the city of Zamboanga, according to local police.
According to available data, a group of up to 300 militants attacked several areas on the outskirts of Zamboanga, taking as hostages some 30 local residents. Government troops stationed in the area came into confrontation with the Islamists.
The attackers belong to the used-to-be rebel group Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) that years ago signed a peace agreement with the government. MNLF had been fighting for over three decades for separation the south of the country from the Philippines and the establishment of an independent Islamic state there. In 1996, the group made peace with Manila administration and ceased resistance in exchange for broad autonomy for regions inhabited by Muslims.