MOSCOW, August 23 (Itar-Tass) - A government commission has determined the degree of guilt of Khrunichev space centre executives responsible for the July 2 Proton rocket launch failure, Russia's Vice-Primte Minister Dmitry Rogozin told reporters.
For failing to properly perform their duties in preparing the rocket carrying three Glonass-M satellites for launch, the centre's deputy director deneral for quality control, Alexander Kobzar, head of the assembly shop Valery Grekov and head of the technical control department Mikhail Lebedev are dismissed, Rogozin said, reporting first conclusions of the government commission he heads.
Several other officials had been brought to account for not ensuring proper use of appropriate technologies and control over assembly work, Rogozin said. The degree of responsibility of executives of the federal space agency Roscosmos would be determined after an investigation into the launch vehicle's early lift-off, Rogozin added, noting that final conclusions were expected in late September.
Asked who would determine the responsibility of agency officials, the official said this would be for the government to decide, based on the report he would present to Prime Minister Dimitry Medvedev.
Rogozin said blame among engineers and technical workers at the space centre would be determined by the enterprise management. The government commission did not deal with the activities of assembly workers, he said, adding that this was an issue of organization of work at the center itself.