MOSCOW, August 7 (Itar-Tass) - Russian tourists who suffered food poisoning in Turkey’s seaside resorts of Alanya and Belek had received necessary outpatient treatment and continue holidaying, a spokeswoman for the Russian federal tourism agency Rostourism, Irina Shchegolkova, told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
“Just now representatives of Rostourism had a meeting with an adviser of Turkey’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Jalal Kilic, to discuss the situation concerning poisoning of Russian tourists at Turkey’s resorts,” she said. “The Turkish side said it obtained results of swimming pool, tap and sea water taken at Grand Ring Hotel. Nothing has been found there. Therefore suspicion falls on food, but it s necessary to realize that it is 40 degrees above zero and tourists can eat not everything in hot weather and should observe certain rules.”
Shchegolkova said “Grand Ring in Turkey’s Beldibi is accommodating around 1,500 foreign tourists and only Russians complained of feeling sick.” “Of course, in this case it is necessary to say that our holidaymakers should be more moderate and make their own diet in a right way,” she said adding that only one child from 69 tourists, who had been diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis at Grand Ring on August 3, was remaining in a hospital.
All hotels where cases of stomach flu have been reported are being sanitized. “All tourists are offered accommodations in other hotels,” she said.
Earlier on Wednesday, Rostourism reported a new outbreak of stomach flu among Russian tourists holidaying in Antalya’s Orient Palace (23 cases) and in Belek’s Jacaranda (24 cases).
Rostourism keeps a close watch on how the investigation proceeds and maintains contacts with the Consulate-General in Antalya, Turkey’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism and tour operators.