Spanish police confirm four terrorists shot dead in CambrilsWorld August 18, 5:56
Citizens of 18 countries suffered in Barcelona terror attackWorld August 18, 3:07
Russian cosmonauts successfully complete spacewalkScience & Space August 18, 2:37
Reuters: At least 100 people injured in Barcelona terror attackWorld August 18, 0:57
Krasnodar FC beats Crvena Zvezda 3:2 in Europa League play-off first leg matchSport August 17, 22:45
Putin offers condolences to King of Spain over Barcelona attackRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 22:37
Russia condemns terror attack in BarcelonaRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 21:32
Russian lawmaker calls on Europe to join efforts in war on terrorRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 21:03
Australia-born track cyclist Perkins says excited to become Russian citizenSport August 17, 20:04
MOSCOW, August 6 (Itar-Tass) - The prosecutor at Supreme Court hearing on Tuesday asked to uphold the second verdict for former YUKOS CEO Mikhail Khodorkovsky and ex-MENATEP head Platon Lebedev.
"There are no reasons to amend the court ruling. Various courts including Moscow City Court have repeatedly checked the arguments by supervisory bodies," she said.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Supreme Court began to review the supervisory appeal by Khodorkovsky and Lebedev's lawyers, who insisted on overturning the verdict by the Khamovniki Court handed down in 2010.
Earlier, Moscow City Court checked the verdict saying it was legal and justified. It slightly reduced the prison terms for the convicts.
On December 30, 2010, Moscow's Khamovniki court found Khodorkovsky and Lebedev guilty of theft and money laundering and sentenced them to 14 years in a general regime penitentiary. In May 2011, the prison term was reduced by one year.
On December 20, 2012, the presidium of Moscow City Court further reduced their jail terms to 11 years. Lebedev is due to be set free in August 2014 and Khodorkovsky in October 2014.