Russian skier wins gold in skiathlon at 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski ChampionshipsSport February 25, 17:46
Top US Air Force general points to growing conflict potential in Syrian airspaceWorld February 25, 17:17
Iran relies on Russia’s support in production of fuel for nuclear power plantsBusiness & Economy February 25, 16:20
Ukrainian military capture Donetsk water purification plant — spokesmanWorld February 25, 15:05
Azerbaijan and Armenia report armed clashes in Karabakh conflict areaWorld February 25, 11:45
Head of Russian delegation to OSCE PA says Ukraine not ready for dialogueRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 25, 5:02
Russian baritone Hvorostovsky cancels concerts due to continuing treatmentSociety & Culture February 25, 3:22
Russian prime minister declares 3rd Winter World Military Games openMilitary & Defense February 24, 22:33
Russia to veto UNSC resolution imposing sanctions on Syria — envoyRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 24, 22:29
NOVO-OGARYOVO, July 23 (Itar-Tass) - The list of duty positions only for contract servicemen will be drawn before the end of the year, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said on Tuesday.
“Taking into consideration sophisticated technologies and arms put into service with the armed forces, we must revise the whole structure of positions where only contract servicemen must serve. With the best will in the world, with the highest intensity of education, a conscript who has served one year cannot master such professions that are now needed in work with sophisticated systems,” Shoigu said at a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, reporting him on the results of a surprise military exercise in the Eastern Military District earlier on Tuesday.
The defense minister said every year the Russian troops will be receiving more and more state-of-the-art hardware. “That is why, I believe before the end of the year we will prepare a full list of positions where only contract servicemen will work, and the full list of positions where only conscripts will serve,” Shoigu said.
“I believe that our figures - 425,000 contract servicemen and slightly over 300,000 conscripts may change,” the minister believes.