Media reports on Russian ships call into Ceuta are controversial — embassyRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 22:03
Russia’s telecom watchdog tries to block LinkedIn through courtSociety & Culture October 26, 21:29
DPR envoy reports no constructive discussion on "Steinmeier formula" in MinskWorld October 26, 21:14
Six NATO countries say ready to dispatch their forces to Black Sea areaWorld October 26, 20:43
Moscow refutes allegations about plans for Russian cruiser's call into Spanish portMilitary & Defense October 26, 20:38
US, Israel abstain from UN GA vote condemning Cuba embargoWorld October 26, 20:31
Western sanctions expected to relax gradually in 2017 — ex-finance ministerBusiness & Economy October 26, 20:25
Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates intend to see battle for world’s chess crown — FIDE chiefSport October 26, 20:24
Mi-8 helicopter lost in Russia's Yamal was running out of fuel — IACWorld October 26, 20:20
MOSCOW, July 11 (Itar-Tass) - Two explosive devices with the power of about 150 kilograms that were intended for an explosion at a police post were unarmed in Dagestan, the information centre of the National Anti-Terrorism Committee (NAK) told Itar-Tass on Thursday.
The explosive devices made of a barrel and an iron tube were found by the formations of the Federal Security Service and the Interior Ministry in the village Gedzhukh in the Derbent district in the courtyard of a private house. “They were well-disguised. Their aggregate power reached about 150 kilograms,” the NAK information centre said.
According to available reports, “the explosive devices were intended for the blast of a police post on the Caucasus federal highway.” “The bandits planned to come to a police post by a mined car and set out a self-explosion,” the NAK information centre reported.
According to a representative of the National Anti-Terrorism Committee, each explosive device was staffed with the explosive substance and a large number of striking pieces. “The explosive devices were provided with mechanical detonators. Similar explosive devices are usually used by the suicide bombers,” the NAK representative explained.
The FSB bomb disposal technicians have defused both bombs so far. “The threat to the civilian population and officers of the law enforcement agencies and the security services is eliminated,” the NAK representative said.
“Active actions of the law enforcement agencies to find homemade explosive devices that permit to avert terrorist acts will be continued,” he underlined.