TOMSK, June 18 (Itar-Tass) -- The Tomsk district court has ruled that sanitary-epidemiological norms at the children’s summer camp " Kostyor" (bonfire) were ignored, which resulted in food poisoning of 16 children and two grown-ups who were hospitalized. After a medical examination fifty-five people suspected of developing an intestine infection were registered.
The court has administered a fine worth 30,000 roubles (1,000 dollars) to the administration of the children's camp. The administration is also to reimburse the cost of the vouchers to the parents of the children who were on vacation at the summer camp.
Epidemiologists have not yet established the source which caused an outbreak of the intestine disorders. Experts of the Federal Service for the Protection of Consumers' Rights (Rospotrebnadzor) still continue to watch the patients affected. The results of the bacteriological tests will be available by June 20; no virus infection has been found after tests.
The summer camp which accommodated the children in the first shift has been disbanded until July 2. The camp rooms and the territory have been disinfected, Rospotrebnadzor said.
The children who were sent home ahead of the scheduled term have been offered an opportunity to go on vacation to other recreation centers at the expense of the regional budget.
Two children had remained on hospital beds by Tuesday afternoon. The other children discharged from the hospital continue an outpatient treatment.