Putin looks forward to overcoming negative trends in turnover with TurkeyBusiness & Economy December 06, 21:20
Red Cross to continue humanitarian operations in Aleppo — spokespersonWorld December 06, 21:09
Russia proposes UN to be venue for discussing world’s controversial anti-doping systemSport December 06, 21:04
Dialogue on Germany’s initiative for armed control depends on NATO — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 06, 20:57
Mikhail Saakashvili says he seeks to change Ukraine’s political classWorld December 06, 20:46
Defense minister promises 2017 World Military Games in Sochi to be held 'at highest level'Military & Defense December 06, 20:37
Syrian army takes control of another 5 districts in eastern Aleppo — ministryWorld December 06, 20:13
Turkish PM Yildirim’s exclusive op-ed for TASS on relations with RussiaWorld December 06, 19:58
Lawmaker says Jagland asked Duma speaker not to set conditions for Russia’s return to PACERussian Politics & Diplomacy December 06, 19:09
MOSCOW, March 21 (Itar-Tass) – The Moscow City Court, on March 22, will consider the legitimacy of the arrest of Andrei Lipatov, a suspect in the criminal case over the attack on Bolshoi Theatre /GABT/ ballet artistic director Sergei Filin.
"Our appeal against Lipatov's arrest will be reviewed at the Moscow City Court at 10:00, Moscow time, tomorrow," his lawyer Sergei Zhorin said. In his opinion, there were no grounds to select such a severe measure of restraint for his client.
Earlier, Moscow's Taganka court sanctioned the arrest of all the three suspects.
The suspected mastermind who is a leading GABT soloist Pavel Dmitrichenko, perpetrator Yuri Zarutsky and driver Andrei Lipatov who had brought Zarutsky at the scene of crime will remain in custody until April 18.
The 42-year-old ballet art director was attacked near his house Troitskaya Street in Moscow late in the evening of January 17. An unidentified man splashed acid in his face and fled the scene. Filin was hospitalized with serious face and eye burns.
GABT director general Anatoly Iksanov said Dmitrichenko would remain on staff until the court ruling.
"Dmitrichenko remains a GABT employee until the end of the trial. After the trial, his fate as an artist will be determined," Iksanov said told a news conference in Moscow earlier this week.
Moscow criminal police said they were confident that Pavel Dmitrichenko and two other suspects were involved in the attack on Filin.
"We are certain that the persons detained in the case over attack on Filin, are complicit in the crime. We have not found a single mismatch in the information they supplied as we were solving the crime," deputy chief of the city criminal police department Maxim Vanichkin said.
Filin, who is convalescing abroad, said he was not in conflict with /GABT leading soloist/ Pavel Dmitrichenko and that he felt "no enmity toward him."
Iksanov made it clear that Dmitrichenko would not be fired if the court did not prove his culpability. Bolshoi Theatre employees said in an open letter that Dmitrichenko could not have masterminded the crime.
Filin officially denied the allegations that he did not plan to return to Russia. His colleagues are expecting him to resume work at the GABT in the summer.