Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Fire at Moscow State University caused by short circuit

January 27, 2013, 19:00 UTC+3
According to preliminary data, the fire was caused by a short circuit in the refrigerator
1 pages in this article

MOSCOW, January 27 (Itar-Tass) – Sunday’s fire at the Moscow State University was caused by a short circuit in electrical appliances, a spokesman for the Moscow emergencies administration told Itar-Tass.

The fire in the University’s building B started at 07:50 a.m. Moscow time. The fire consumed equipment and furniture on an area of ten square meters in the canteen located on the ground floor. The fire was extinguished promptly but about 400 students were evacuated from the hostel because of smoke.

“According to preliminary data, the fire was caused by a short circuit in the refrigerator,” the spokesman said.

In July 2012, an extraordinary fire inspection was conducted at the Moscow State University, which revealed a number of violations of fire safety rules. The rector and chief engineer of the university were brought to administrative responsibility.

 

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама