Currency converter
All news
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Dwellers from Novokuznetsk house damaged in gas blast can return home in 3 days

January 08, 2013, 15:19 UTC+3

The fire broke out in a residential house in Novokuznetsk on Tuesday morning

1 pages in this article

KEMEROVO, January 8 (Itar-Tass) — The restoration works, which are in progress in the flats of the nine-storey residential house in Novokuznetsk that was damaged in the propane cylinder blast, according to one version, are to be finalized within three days, the department for the protection of people and territory in the city Novokuznetsk told Itar-Tass on Tuesday.

The department noted that a total of ten flats were damaged in different ways due to the incident, two flats were heavily damaged, other flats were slightly damaged. “The restoration works are to be completed within three days. As for the flats, where slight damages were reported, the dwellers can return to them sooner,” the city department said, adding that the damages are being estimated.

The police are on duty near the damaged residential house, the press service of the regional police department told Itar-Tass before. They do not only ensure the public order, but also are guarding the property of the dwellers, who were evacuated over the incident.

The fire broke out in a residential house in Novokuznetsk on Tuesday morning. Two people died in the fire, another eight people were injured, five of them are undergoing treatment at the hospital in heavy condition. The criminal case was opened under Article 109 Part 3 for causing death through negligence.

According to the preliminary reports, the propane cylinder blast could have triggered the fire, as a 50-year-old dweller brought this gas cylinder to his flat. According to the reports from the regional authorities, the man used the propane cylinder to heat the private house with the heating cannon. However, the valve in the propane cylinder has frozen up over severe frosts, and the house dweller brought the gas cylinder in his flat to warm it up.


Show more
In other media
Partner News