VLADIVOSTOK, December 23 (Itar-Tass) - A fire erupted onboard the Okhotnik (Hunter) trawler moored at a berth in Vladivostok on Sunday morning. Cardboard packing materials for fish products went on fire. The flame spread to an area of about 20 square meters, the press service of the Main Department of the Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations for the Primorye territory said.
One crewman got poisoned with carbon oxide and was hospitalized. According to preliminary reports, there were five people onboard the trawler. Four left it on their own when the ship was caught by fire.
Twenty-four people and eight units of firefighting equipment are suppressing fire on the Okhotnik.
The trawler is 60 meters long. Its water displacement is 1,667 tons.