Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Kolokoltsev pledged to continue anti-terror efforts in Northern Caucasus

December 14, 2012, 18:51 UTC+3
347 members of illegal armed groups had been destroyed in the territory of the North Caucasian Federal District since the start of 2012
1 pages in this article

NALCHIK, December 14 (Itar-Tass) — Russian Interior Minister Vladimir Kolokoltsev said on Friday that his Ministry would intensify struggle against illegal armed groups operating in Northern Caucasus.

“I can predict intensification of actions targeted at militants so that to stabilize the situation in Northern Caucasus,” Kolokoltsev said at a meeting with the staff of the GTRK Kabardino-Balkaria TV company in Nalchik on Friday.

Kolokoltsev said that 347 members of illegal armed groups had been destroyed in the territory of the North Caucasian Federal District since the start of 2012.

At the same time, he noted that 149 law enforcers had been killed and 276 had been injured in the anti-terror operations.

Kolokoltsev pledged to continue anti-terror efforts despite these human casualties.

In the meantime, terrorists staged another audacious attack in Nalchik on December 5. TV presenter Kazbek Gekkiyev who had worked for the “Vesti KBR” ( the News of Kabardino-Balkaria) news program was shot dead on Kirov Street in Nalchik at around 21:00 Moscow time when he was returning home after an evening news program. He received three bullets and died of wounds on the spot. Police linked Gekkiyev’s murder to his professional activities.

 

 

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама