Ariana Grande tweets she is 'broken' over blast following her concert at Manchester ArenaWorld May 23, 8:03
British PM to chair meeting of emergency response committee after Manchester blastWorld May 23, 7:53
Anti-corruption fight in Russia is in earnest, says upper house speakerRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 6:24
British prime minister calls Manchester blast 'appalling terrorist attack'World May 23, 5:52
At least 19 people confirmed dead in Manchester Arena blastWorld May 23, 4:40
Senator: Ukrainian authorities reluctant to stop policy of restricting Ukrainians' rightsRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 3:48
Maestro Gergiyev’s orchestra opens international music festival in SofiaSociety & Culture May 23, 3:44
Anti-Russian sanctions unlikely to be lifted shortly, says parliament speakerBusiness & Economy May 23, 2:33
Senior Russian MP says too early to speak of thaw in Russia-US tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 2:26
MOSCOW, April 6. /TASS/. It is unacceptable to bring accusations against anyone in connection with the Idlib chemical incident until an international investigation is conducted, Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a telephone conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the Kremlin press service said in a statement.
"The parties exchanged views on the chemical incident that took place in Syria’s Idlib Governorate on April 4. Putin particularly stated that it was unacceptable to bring accusations against anyone until a thorough and impartial international investigation was conducted," the statement reads.
According to the Kremlin press service, the telephone conversation was initiated by Israel.
Putin and Netanyahu emphasized the need to step up global efforts to fight terrorism. "Key aspects of Russian-Israeli cooperation in the war on terror were discussed, the parties confirmed their readiness to boost interaction in order to ensure security and stability in the Middle East, first and foremost, in Syria," the statement adds.
The Israeli prime minister conveyed his deep condolences to the families and friends of those killed by the metro blast in Russia’s city of St. Petersburg and his wishes of a speedy recovery to the injured.
On April 4, Reuters cited the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights saying that an airstrike on Syrian’s town of Khan Shaykhun had killed 58 people including 11 children. Reuters alleged that the chemical attack could have been carried out by "Syrian government or Russian jets."
The World Health Organization said in a statement that "at least 70 people have died and hundreds more have been affected."
The Russian and Syrian militaries denied their involvement in the attack. Russia’s Defense Ministry later said that on April 4, the Syrian air force had delivered an airstrike on the eastern outskirts of Khan Shaykhun to destroy militant facilities used to produce chemical bombs. These bombs were sent to Iraq and were previously used in Aleppo.