MOSCOW, April 4. /TASS/. The Kremlin has not contacted with authorities of the Central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan as part of the investigation into the St. Petersburg metro blast, Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday.
"There is no (contact) via the Kremlin’s channels," Peskov said, answering a question if there have been any talks over the past 24 hours amid reports that a Kyrgyz national may be one of perpetrators of the attack.
Speaking on the conflicting reports about the individuals suspected of carrying out the blast, Peskov said "it is up to the investigators to choose the time for making public information gathered during the probe."
"This is not the exclusive power of the Kremlin now," Peskov said.
He also said it is up to the National Anti-Terrorism Committee to comment if there are any groups in Russia who could threaten the citizens’ security. "This is a question to NAC, this committee coordinates its activity in the war on terror."
Peskov noted that one of theories considered now is that the blast was caused by a suicide bomber.
On Monday, a blast rocked St. Petersburg’s metro leaving 14 people dead and some 50 people injured, according to official reports.
An unidentified device went off in a subway train car between two stations, Tekhnologichesky Institut and Sennaya Ploshchad. The Russian Investigative Committee is treating the blast as a terrorist attack, but other theories are being looked into as well.
A spokesman for Kyrgyzstan’s National Security Committee confirmed to TASS that an individual suspected of carrying out the terrorist attack is a native of Kyrgyzstan, who had been granted Russian citizenship.