MOSCOW, March 24. /TASS/. Terrorists who attacked the National Guard’s unit in Chechnya on Friday have been identified, head of the North Caucasus republic Ramzan Kadyrov said.
Two of the attackers are natives of the Rostov Region, in southern Russia, another one comes from the Volgograd Region, and three others are Chechen residents, he said.
"There is no doubt that the gunmen planned to carry out high-profile terrorist attacks using weapons if they managed to acquire them and escape alive," Kadyrov wrote on his Instagram page.
According to data of the National Anti-Terrorism Committee, a group of six gunmen attacked a National Guard unit in Chechnya early on Friday. All the gunmen were eliminated in the combat engagement, in which six National Guard servicemen were killed and another three wounded. It was reported earlier on Friday that the National Guard units in Chechnya were put on high alert after the gunmen’s attack.