Currency converter
^
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russia’s Defense Ministry denies report that one convoy with militants returns to Aleppo

December 16, 2016, 15:55 UTC+3
All 15 convoys with militants have successfully reached the final destination, according to Russia's Defense Ministry
Share
1 pages in this article
© Valery Sharifulin//TASS

MOSCOW, December 16. /TASS/. All 15 convoys with militants and their family members who left Aleppo have reached their final destination, Russia’s Center for Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria said on Friday.

The ministry denied media reports that one of the convoys with 950 militants and their families has returned to the city.

"All 15 convoys with gunmen and their families, formed by the Russian Reconciliation Center for the withdrawal from eastern Aleppo, have successfully reached the final destination in the Al-Rashidin-4 quarter," it said.

The Al Mayadeen TV channel reported earlier that the evacuation of the militants and their family members was disrupted and one of the convoys came back to the city after it became known that the armed groups had violated a ceasefire agreement.

The operation on the withdrawal of militants and their family members from Aleppo’s eastern areas began on Thursday. Earlier in the day, the Reconciliation Center reported that the effort was completed. All women and children have been evacuated from the areas controlled by terrorists. Some 9,500 people, including more than 4,500 militants and 337 wounded persons, have been pulled out from the eastern areas of the city since the start of the operation.

Show more
Share
In other media
Реклама
Реклама