Russia’s telecom watchdog may block Telegram messenger in RussiaBusiness & Economy June 23, 9:15
Russian warships fire Kalibr cruise missiles, destroy IS arms depots in SyriaMilitary & Defense June 23, 9:07
Kazakh foreign minister denies talks on sending troops to SyriaWorld June 23, 8:05
Russian fighters scrambled 14 times in past week to intercept foreign aircraft — ministryMilitary & Defense June 23, 6:17
EU summit participants show unity on anti-Russian sanctions — MerkelWorld June 23, 4:11
Moldovan parliament refuses to hold no confidence vote in Foreign Minister Andrei GalburWorld June 23, 2:03
Google.ru’s temporary ban should serve as reminder to others — lawmakerBusiness & Economy June 23, 1:59
Russian lawmaker slams EU’s decision to extend sanctions on Moscow as absurdRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 23, 0:32
IOC spokesperson confirms Bach’s words about possible sanctions on RussiaSport June 22, 23:27
ASTANA, October 4./TASS/. Contacts between Russian and US military will continue to avoid serious incidents in Syria, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Tuesday.
"As far as we understand, mutual contacts of our military as to avoiding any dangerous actions continue and will continue, this is necessary to avoid serious incidents," Peskov said in comments on cooperation on Syria between Moscow and Washington.
Moscow regrets Washington’s withdrawal from the dialogue on the ceasefire in Syria but is not inclined to overdramatize the situation concerning the prospects of bilateral relations.
"So far, I would not exaggerate things so much. However, it is clear that we perceive the US withdrawal from the dialogue on the cessation of offensive operations in Syria with regret, " Peskov said. "We would like to hope for presence of common sense and the continuation of contacts in particularly sensitive areas necessary for maintaining peace and security."
In reply to the question whether the risk of military clashes in Syria increases after the US refused to coordinate moves, Peskov said "I wouldn’t like to speak about this risk".
On Monday, the chief of the US Department of State press service, John Kirby, said the US was suspending the use of bilateral channels with Russia that had been established to help serve the ceasefire in Syria.
According to the spokesman, Russia will continue assisting the Syrian Armed Forces despite US moves.
"The US breaking off a dialog with us on Syria as to sustaining the ceasefire, substantially complicates the situation there. This withdrawal unfortunately confirms impossibility to de-facto draw a distinction between terrorists and the so-called moderate opposition," the spokesman said.
"This has of course substantially aggravated the situation," he said.
"But this does not mean that the Russian side intends to abandon its plans on fight against terrorism and assistance to the Syrian armed forces in their anti-terrorist activity," he added.